Friday, November 25, 2016

An interaction with 'Creative Bro' aka Shriya Gupta - the Bohemian of Love; A Sweet Poison 2


1. Introduce yourself to the audience.
Hey! I am Shriya Gupta a.k.a Bro. My story ‘Sacrifices’ published in Love - A Sweet Poison 2 is my second anthology.
An engineer by fate but a writer by choice. I am studying Automobile Engineering from VNRVJIET, Hyderabad. Art is my love and storytelling is my passion. I aspire to become a writer and a director. I have started a creative organization called The Nation's Rock Beat to bring about an artistic creative revolution.

2. Define yourself in one word.
Creative.
3. At what stage of your life you started writing?
I never knew that I had a knack for writing till my 9th grade.
It came into my life as a fortunate accident and the scars from it are to stay forever.
4. What motivates you to write?
You earn money, you top your exams or you become extremely famous and then you create a piece of an art, the amount of happiness you experience is surreal in the last case.
So, for me each day without any creative work is a day wasted.

5. What interests you most; fiction, nonfiction, travelogue, biography, horror, adult or young adult?
Every piece is unique in its own way. You get to learn something new from the above mentioned genre. So, I can go with any genre as long as the piece has a strong and grasping writing style.


6.To you, which is a better medium to express; prose, poetry, art, film, play or any other and why?
For a storyteller, the story is the hero and the medium is just the spot boy. So, every storyteller just hopes that their stories reach out to the maximum audience no matter what medium it is.

7. What would you like to be reborn as?
I am tomboy by nature so would like to be reborn as a boy.

8. Which is more important to you; money or fame?
An adequate mixture of both will work fine for me as long as I am creatively satisfied and being able to bring a change for art in this world.
9. How do you react when rejected by the publishers?
Any kind of rejection means it's time to reanalyze. To sit back and think where have I been going wrong and how should I get back on track.
10. Your valuable suggestions to the prospective writers?
I was and am still scolded by all my English teachers that I don't write as soon as an idea hits me.

I am still trying to work on it. So, to all the new writers, just write without any hesitation. Write your heart out at that very moment. Read that and write again. Keep writing and writing forever.

*****

2 comments:

  1. Hey Girl!
    Did I jz say girl oops! Hey Bro..!!
    You are such a crazy n cool combo.
    Keep going with the good work.
    Wish you lots of luck, success and Happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the Good Work going ...Shriya...Our good wishes and Almighty's blessings will always be there for you...keep making your parents proud ....

    ReplyDelete