Sunday, November 13, 2016

Interview with the gem of a writer the Jimmy : Komal Raichandani


1. Introduce yourself to the audience.

Hello, myself  Komal Raichandani, an M.phil in English literature, working  as a writer in Kutch. Have authored a book named ‘Literary Riaz!’ along with ‘Let There Be You!’ and various other stories. I’m an ardent reader, interacting, and deeply in love with life and  its beings.  Love to travel, write, surf and watch movies. Cult cinema and food interests me. I barely skip a movie. My area of study is post modern literature. Love to watch and read interviews leading to learn something new everyday. I wish to be a cinema maker very soon. Love to love people.

2. Define yourself in one word.
Jimmy.
3. At what stage of your life you started writing?
I started scribbling at a very tender age of 4, but I started poetry at an age of 10.
4. What motivates you to write?
I feel writing is a very personal process, one takes everything from life and its beings, but while writing I always prefer sitting in a locked room and reproduce whatever has remained with me with utmost intricacy and simplicity. Love of all kinds motivates me to write and be at my creative best.
5. What interests you most; fiction, nonfiction, travelogue, biography, horror, adult or young adult?
Yes, I have a taste for aesthetics, ecstasy and sublimity, all weaved into one, hence adult or young adult genuinely interests me the most.
6.To you, which is a better medium to express; prose, poetry, art, film, play or any other and why?
Personally I prefer poetry and words with taste, belonging to any genre, but I also feel that words are perhaps the hardest medium of all the material art. One must simultaneously express visual beauty, beauty of sound, which I feel films are the greatest medium to transform and encapsulate the whole idea of expression into one.


7. What would you like to be reborn as?
Once a film-maker with one’s spouse, always a film-maker with one’s spouse.
8. Which is more important to you; money or fame?
Both. It’s a rare combination, but yes I aspire for both.
9. How do you react when rejected by the publishers?
Yes, rejections are something no one would like to have in their baskets of destiny, but I feel there is always some force or magical power which is aware of my being, who knows me better personally and helps me taking the right decisions . Also, somehow I’m blessed with a fearless persona and have this innate inner faith that something or the other always works in my favor, yielding me the best results, letting me do and actualize whatever I have always dreamt of doing. 
10. Your valuable suggestions to the prospective writers?
Keep writing and expressing, be it in any medium or genre. Even if they are two lines, one must write, everyday, and strive for finer self, with every passing creative work, an artist not only raises up the scale for oneself but also pushes the general audience’s acceptability limits. Importantly, stick to your conviction of articulating a point or an emotion which maybe not so well received initially, but, if true and seasoned with love, it will be accepted and loved by all. J

*****

9 comments: