Friday, February 26, 2016

Way Beyond Just Memories: Story by Bhumika Khatri in Crush 2 Published by Authors' Ink Publications

REVIEW:

When she opened her accounts text book, a paper contained in between the pages fell from it. She lifted it with trembling hands and unfolded with mighty heart--pounding and scared! What would have happened before and after that, read the painful story Beyond Just Memories by Bhumika Khatri in Crush 2.

Merits:
The story explores the dark side of human inter-personal relations right from teenage. It tells us that sometimes what we see and form an opinion about a person may be wrong. The person seeming to be happy-go-lucky on face-value may actually be a victim of his bad circumstances at home and quite sad within. Hence we should take utmost care in understanding others. The writer has been successful in portraying the theme of the story.

Lines I liked:

"You are the most beautiful thing that has happened to me, and I am blessed to have known you and be loved by you."

Demerits:
Yes it's true that teenage is the most sensitive and vulnerable to extreme steps like committing suicide, yet it's never been an easy option for anyone to take such a hard decision like embracing death so early that too when Ritik had found his love as depicted in the above lines. It seems that the writer wanted to glorify the darkest aspect of life that too at a stage when one doesn't have enough experience of life. We as a writer have some responsibility towards our society and should refrain from highlighting such extreme emotions which may influence other young ones to imitate the same; courtesy the fickleness of their mind, until and unless it's not only hundred percent but two hundred percent justified and required by the story. I'm afraid, here in this story it was not justified.

Since the date and time of the story is not mentioned, the readers may find the reference of Orkut obsolete.

Sorry for my adverse comments.



Ratings: 2/5

Bhumika, you're the second one I have found proclaiming a vagabond for oneself. First one is me. I liked it. You're doing a course of journalism and some how seemed to be influenced by the sensationalism of this profession. Please don't mix the two and as I've found, you have a great potential as a writer, I suggest you to write your heart, not your mind.
Without malice, I've given my honest review and I wish you all the best as a story-teller.

Rajeev Pundir 

No comments:

Post a Comment